ACACIA is the new ACT Consumer and Carer Mental Health Research Unit at The Centre for Mental Health Research funded by the ACT Health Directorate. Our research will be done in partnership with and for the benefit of ACT mental health consumers and carers.
To get ACACIA off to a good start, we are holding a one day discussion forum for ACT mental health consumers and carers. This forum is open to the public and will be facilitated by Keith Mahar. The forum has two purposes:
- A chance for us to tell you about ACACIA and our plans for it;
- A chance for you to tell us about your hopes for the project and how you would like to be involved.
Key activities for the day
- Talking in small groups with other consumers and carers about topics and areas you think need researching in the ACT
- Choosing the highest priority areas
- Talking about how you can be actively involved in carrying out the projects you have suggested.
The forum is part of ACACIA’s research, so you will be given a detailed information sheet and on the day you will be asked to sign a consent form to participate. This is so we can write up the results of the day to share with consumers, carers and the community as well as write an academic paper.
This is a free event
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided
Help with transport is available on request
- Parking, disabled access and hearing loop available
- Please RSVP for catering purposes. Special dietary needs catered for.